Monday, February 28, 2011

Photo Quilt = GREAT PRESENT

This makes a GREAT gift for that hard to buy for parent or granparent. This is what my siblings and I gave my Dad. The only down fall is that it is outdated anytime someone has a child...  My sisters and I had one day to get it done so we had to make it pretty simple.  For the pictures and in the bottom right corner we put his favorite scripture, you just print your picture onto a printable fabric, like this Pabric Soft - Print and Sew (10 Sheets), i got mine at joanns. we kept all the squares 5x5 then just added a border. then fabric that we used for the back we allowed enough to fold over the top for binding. Anyway, it may take a day's work but believe me the hard work is WORTH it. It was by far the best present I've ever made... My parents decided it was too nice to use so they hung it on a wall...

 I linked my idea to this great blanket party.
Gabe's Gifts

What's great about this, is that you can donate blankets that will be sent to needy kids... go check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...